Friday is officially Follow Friday on Twitter and you won’t want to miss out on the fun way to meet new garden Tweeters. It’s super easy to join in the fun by tweeting out a few of your favorite tweeps you follow by adding their name to a twitter friendly sentence and adding a #ff to the tweet. Most of the tweeps using Twitter these days are sure to sign in for all the fun on Fridays when the twitter pages are bursting with users names they enjoy to follow on the social networking Twitter. To participate in this event all you need to do is use the hashtag #ff (short for follow Friday). To join in the fun list names you enjoy following along with the Follow Friday hashtag : “#ff @BG_garden @HelenYoest @grumpy_gardener @BloominChick @JanetEndsley ” . You can also include information on why they should follow that person, and leave plenty of room for other users to retweet. This is key to getting your Twitter introductions out there and build your garden connections.
For example – “Follow @TheGardenChat on Twitter for all your #gardenchat information nd gardening tips #ff” . It is recommend to share why you follow the tweep account.
Here are some helpful tips to keep you tweeting on #ff
- Break out of your regular tweeting routine and check out as well as recommending followers outside of your normal topic follows.
- It’s best to recommend one Twitter user per #FollowFriday tweet so you can personalize the tweets with why you follow them.
- You can recommend anywhere from 1-6 users to follow every Friday in one twitter friendly sentence as long as you add #ff
- Don’t forget you can always add a Follow Friday list of those tweeps you enjoy mentioning daily. Tweet out the link to that list you’ve created using Twitter. More information on list here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460-how-to-use-twitter-lists
- It is always a bonus to use every day manors while on Twitter. If someone has RT’ed you or mentioned you during the week add them to your #ff list on Friday.
I hope these tips help you with your tweeting experience and also that you pick up a few new fun people to follow on Twitter. Watch the @TheGardenChat for #ff shares where we recommend the tweets who participate on #gardenchat daily.